42nd Annual Pig Cookin’
Due to the Coronavirus, the 42nd Newport Pig Cookin Contest has made the decision to CANCEL the event for this year due to the uncertainty of the Covid-19 virus and social distancing guidelines. The safety of our attendees, cooks, staff and volunteers is of utmost importance to us. Thank you for understanding! Mark you calendar now for April 9 & 10, 2021, for the return of the Newport Pig Cookin’ contest!!
The USA’s Largest All Volunteer, Non-Profit, Whole Hog BBQ Pig Cookin’, invites you to join us for two days of food, fun and springtime celebrations!
Mayor Garner was one of the first to help get the Newport Pig Cookin Contest going . It started as a fund raiser for the Newport Developmental Center to raise money for needs they had at the time. 41 years later the Pig Cookin has grown into the Largest all Volunteer Non-Profit Pig Cookin in the USA. In 2019 we will have given over one million dollars back to different charities.
- Free Admission and Free Parking
- Barbecue Plates only $7.00
- Bulk Pork when available sold for $7.00 per pound
- Serving begins Saturday at 11:00 am
- Concession Stands
- Bake Sales
- Funnel Cakes
- Live Music
- Souvenirs and so much more!
- Cooks/Pig Sponsor With the new Fire Code in 2017 Newport Pig Cooking is limited to 65 Cooks. The applications for participation will be based on first come.
- Arts & Crafts Form & Rules
- King & Queen Application
Please note the following:
- No Pets
- No Concealed Weapons
- No Alcoholic Beverages Allowed
|Carteret County Chamber of Commerce||Carteret County Lodging
Carteret County Tourism Development Authority
|Havelock Chamber of Commerce|
See you there!