45th Annual Pig Cookin’
Mark your calendar now for March 31 & April 1, 2023, for the return of the Newport Pig Cookin’ contest!!
The USA’s Largest All-Volunteer, Non-Profit, Whole Hog BBQ Pig Cookin’, invites you to join us for two days of food, fun, and springtime celebrations!
Mayor Garner was one of the first to help get the Newport Pig Cookin Contest going. It started as a fundraiser for the Newport Developmental Center to raise money for needs they had at the time. 41 years later the Pig Cookin has grown into the Largest all Volunteer Non-Profit Pig Cookin in the USA. In 2019 we will have given over one million dollars back to different charities.
- Free Admission and Free Parking
- Barbecue Plates are only $10.00 includes BBQ, slaw, baked beans, roll and tea
- Bulk Pork when available sold for $10.00 per pound
- Serving begins Saturday at 11:00 am
- Concession Stands
- Bake Sales
- Funnel Cakes
- Live Music
- Souvenirs and so much more!
- Cooks/Pig Sponsor With the new Fire Code in 2017 Newport Pig Cooking is limited to 65 Cooks. The applications for participation will be based on first come.
- Arts & Crafts Form & Rules
Please note the following:
- No Pets
- No Concealed Weapons
- No Alcoholic Beverages Allowed
See you there!